- Passenger travel is described in the Transportation Statistics Annual Report and Passenger Travel Facts and Figures, and measured in selected tables of National Transportation Statistics and State Transportation Statistics.
- BTS also publishes:
- Daily Travel Statistics, estimates of persons staying home and traveling, and of trips by distance band for all modes, reported by day and by county, based on mobile device locations
- Airline passenger counts by airline, by airport, and between individual airports
- Airline ticket prices and origin-destination itineraries based on a sample of tickets issued
- Local Area Transportation Characteristics, estimates of trip frequency and miles traveled by households for individual Census tracts based on a statistical model
- Border Crossing Data with monthly number of passenger vehicle and person crossings by border location
- The National Transportation Library repository includes research reports, policy documents, and historical materials related to passenger travel.