Transportation Economic Trends (TET), developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), highlights transportation's role in the economy and explores changes (trends) over time through a series of interactive charts. TET also explains related concepts and data sources for a general audience.
BTS introduces this new digital version of TET. In these new pages, BTS continues to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2016. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content. The introduction of the digital content is on-going, with topics being released over the 2020 calendar year. For topics not yet released, data from the previous release are available.
BTS strives to continually improve TET. If you have a suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- Transportation as an Economic Indicator
- Contribution of Transportation to the Economy
- Government Transportation Revenues and Expenditures
- Average Amtrak Rail Fares per Average Trip Length, 1990 to 2014
- Average Annual Salary by Aviation Occupation, 2005 to 2016 (2016 dollars)
- Average Freight Revenue per Ton-Mile Indices, 1990 to 2016
- Average Hourly Compensation (wages and benefits), 2004 to 2017
- Average Individual Household Expenditures (four largest categories), 2000 to 2016
- Average Individual Household Expenditures (major categories), 2016
- Average Individual Household Transportation Expenditures, 2016
- Average Passenger Revenue per Passenger-Mile Indices, 1990 to 2016
- Commuter Rail Fares, 1990 to 2014