Transportation Economic Trends (TET), developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), highlights transportation's role in the economy and explores changes (trends) over time through a series of interactive charts. TET also explains related concepts and data sources for a general audience.
BTS introduces this new digital version of TET. In these new pages, BTS continues to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2016. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content. The introduction of the digital content is on-going, with topics being released over the 2020 calendar year. For topics not yet released, data from the previous release are available.
BTS strives to continually improve TET. If you have a suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- Transportation as an Economic Indicator
- Contribution of Transportation to the Economy
- Government Transportation Revenues and Expenditures
- Transportation Expenditure by Mode, Federal (chained 2012 dollars)
- Transportation Expenditure by Mode, Federal (current dollars)
- Transportation Expenditure Trends, Federal Direct
- Transportation Expenditure Trends, State and Local Government Including Federal Transfers by Mode
- Transportation Expenditures
- Transportation Expenditures by Level of Government and Mode (chained 2012 dollars)
- Transportation Expenditures by Level of Government and Mode (current dollars)
- Transportation Required Per Dollar of Output by Sector
- Transportation Revenue and Expenditure by Mode (chained 2012 dollars)