NOTE: For this position, BTS has Direct Hire authority. Do not use USAJobs; applicants should email resumes directly to BTSjobs@dot.gov.
About The Position
The Freight Expert will play an important role in developing and managing critical national freight data programs, conducting analyses of freight related topics and effectively communicating results, providing expertise in freight data, modeling and analytical techniques, coordinating with colleagues on freight performance measures and their linkage with broader freight data and analysis efforts.
Direct Hire authority applies to the Economist 0110 Series and Statistical 1530 Series.
BTS positions are telework eligible. BTS is located in the U.S. Department of Transportation Headquarters in Washington, DC.
An Ideal Freight Expert / Program Manager:
- Multi-faceted expertise and understating of goods movement, freight data sources, logistics, commodity specific transportation, and mode choice;
- Knowledge of econometrics, statistics, and data science;
- Success in transforming and modernizing programs using the latest data analytics, integration, and dissemination techniques;
- Knowledge of sources for domestic and international commodity flows, business patterns, vehicle activity, and transportation network performance;
- Acumen to establish, encourage, and maintain collaborative partnerships;• Clearly articulate in writing the analysis and interpretation of results; and
- Proven project management skills with the ability to coordinate activities of multiple technical and subject matter experts.
Do not use USAJobs. Email your resume to BTSJobs@dot.gov and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. We are accepting resumes on a rolling basis; for full consideration, submit resumes no later than December 1, 2020.