Transportation plays a vital role in the American economy: it makes economic activity possible, and serves as a major economic activity in its own right.
This report is BTS’s first stand-alone volume on transportation and the economy, and uses a variety of data series to highlight relevant trends and explain related measurement concepts.
- Quality Assurance Statement
- About This Report
- Chapter 1: Summary Indicators
- Chapter 2: Transportation’s Contribution to the Economy
- Chapter 3: How Much Does Transportation Cost?
- Chapter 4: Transportation Employment
- Chapter 5: Transportation Productivity
- Chapter 6: Household Spending on Transportation
- Chapter 7: Government Revenues and Expenditures
- Chapter 8: Value of Transportation Infrastructure
- List of figures and tables